As we continue to shelter in place, here are some resources to help you with worship and spiritual enrichment:
- GNTV, the professional media service that provides our audio-visual component at annual conference, is available to help your church produce online services. Click here for more information.
- The Festival of Homiletics will take place May 18-22, 2020. This year it is online and free. Reserve your spot soon.
- The Upper Room is providing the May/June 2020 issue of The Upper Room magazine, both in English and Spanish, for download at no cost. Four "Pocket Prayers" booklets are also available (use the link above and scroll to the bottom of the page).
- The Office of Connectional Ministries continues to offer a Centering and Prayer Time each Thursday afternoon at 12:30. Click here to view several of those events.
- NYAC's On-line Giving Platform is available to local churches
- Check out the latest the latest edition of NYAC's Vision for inspiring stories of ministries happening across the Conference during COVID-19, a word from Bishop Bickerton, and much more.
NYAC COVID-19 Emergency Food Response
One of the critical areas of need that has been identified as part of the COVID-19 response is food insecurity. Estimates are that emergency food requests will double or triple in many areas as efforts to address the effects of the pandemic continue. Given the presence of NYAC churches in so many communities, and the diversity of those communities, the Missions office has been holding district calls to identify existing NYAC food ministries, as well as under-served and vulnerable areas and populations. One longer-term goal is to put together a directory of available food ministries sponsored or supported by NYAC churches. A more immediate goal is to provide direct support to existing ministries in under-served areas. A second round of meetings will be held this week and a proposal will be submitted to the Bishop and Cabinet for review and consideration.
Another identified need is for volunteers to assist with emergency food preparation and distribution. A listing of these locations will be collected. An immediate request for volunteer assistance comes from the Far Rockaway Mission. The Mission serves a daily meal and, understandably, a number of their volunteer groups have had to cancel their commitments. For more information please contact Denis Stuart (DStuart138@aol.com).
For more information about the emergency food response contact Tom Vencuss (email@example.com).